ADP desires to strengthen the sense of common understanding, which binds all stakeholders together as responsible and caring community. ADP has identified certain values that lie at the centre of this understanding.
Core values express the ethos of ADP, as we understand and aspire as an organisation.
The core values includes a sense of stewardship, transparency and accountability, provision of quality service, innovativeness, respect for human dignity and self-worth, impartiality, community participation and ownership.
We have respect for human dignity and Self Worth
- We are called to serve the neediest people of the earth; to relieve their suffering and to promote the transformation of their condition of life.
- We stand in solidarity in a common search for justice. We seek to understand the situation of the poor and work alongside them toward fullness of life. We share our discovery of eternal hope in Jesus Christ.
- We seek to facilitate an engagement between the poor and the affluent that opens both to transformation. We respect the poor as active participants, not passive recipients, in this relationship. They are people from whom others may learn and receive, as well as give. The need for transformation is common to all.
- Together we share a quest for justice, peace, reconciliation and healing in a broken world.
We are impartial
- We regard all people as created and loved by God.
- We give priority to people before money, structure, systems and other institutional machinery.
- We act in ways that respect the dignity, uniqueness and intrinsic worth of every person; the poor, the donors, our staff and their families, Board of Directors members and volunteers.
- We celebrate the richness of diversity in human personality, culture and contribution.
We are stewards
- The resources at our disposal are not our own. They are a sacred trust from God through donors on behalf of the poor. We are faithful to the purpose for which those resources are given and manage them in a manner that brings maximum benefit to the poor.
- We speak and act honestly
- We are open and factual in our dealing with donor constituencies, communities, governments, the public at large and with each other.
- We demonstrate high standards of professional competence and accept the need to be accountable through appropriate structures for achieving these standards.
- We share experience and knowledge with others wherever it can assist them.
- We are stewards of God’s creation. We care for the earth and act in ways that will restore and protect the environment. We ensure that our development activities are ecologically sound.
We are partners
- We are members of Development Alliances or networks and our partnership transcends legal, structural and cultural boundaries. We accept the obligations of joint participation, shared goals and mutual accountability that true partnership requires. We affirm our interdependence and our willingness to yield autonomy as necessary for the common good.
- We commit ourselves to know, understand and love each other.